Neurosurgery at The University Hospitals
The Trust's Neurosciences Unit is the regional centre for Coventry and Warwick for the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with a wide range of neurological and neurosurgical conditions such as Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, head injuries, spinal disease, vascular disorders and tumours of the nervous system.
Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
The unit has a strong reputation for providing high standards of surgical, medical and nursing care to patients across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond. Building on its success and in order to meet increasing demands for the unit's neurosurgical services, major investment has been made which has enabled further expansion of specialist services and the development of highly skilled specialist nurses. Over 2200 neurosurgical procedures are performed each year by consultant teams.
Neurosurgery is based at University Hospital and is led by a team of internationally renowned consultants who have special interests in the following areas:
- Complex spinal surgery for tumours, trauma and degenerative disease
- Minimal invasive spinal surgery
- Skull Base Tumour surgery with minimally invasive endoscopic surgery
- Pituitary surgery with close cooperation with the Department of Endocrinology
- Trigeminal neuralgia and other facial pain syndromes
- Peripheral nerve conditions
- Neuro-stimulation re spinal cord stimulation for pain
- Neuro-oncology with all types of brain tumours treated
- Head injury and spinal injuries